Tuesday, January 10, 2006

ILLUMINATION (Progressive) - A wonderful work of the Holy Spirit!

BOUNDING HOMEWARD! [2 Timothy 2:15, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 13]

In the movie Homeward Bound, “Shadow,” (a dog; Golden Retriever) leads “Sassy” (a cat; Persian Bi-Color) and “Chance” (a dog; American Staffordshire Bull Terrier) up a mountain to find their way home (they thought they’d been abandoned by their owners).

Shadow, the older dog, truly believes the mountain is the only thing in between them and home. When they reach the top they discover several more mountains ahead.

That’s how I feel as I study the things of God: no sooner do I mount one peak than I discover so much more remains to be learned. Unlike Shadow and his friends, I’m not disappointed or overwhelmed … I count it a blessing and a delightful challenge.

No comments:

 
, , ,