Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CHRISTMAS: OK, I'll hurry just don't push!

"You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near."
James 5:8
A young girl, dressed for the children’s Christmas program, was running as fast as she could to get to the church on time. As she ran, she prayed, “Dear Jesus, please don't let me be late! Dear Jesus, please don't let me be late!”.

In her rush she caught her toe on the hem of her costume, tripped and fell. Her shepherd’s costume got quite a nasty grass stain when her knee hit the church lawn. She got up, brushed herself off, and started running again, praying, “Dear Jesus, please don't let me be late! Dear Jesus, please don't let me be late! Only, DON’T PUSH!”

The prayers of children have much to teach us.
"The effective prayer of a [child] can accomplish much."
James 5:16b [my personal translation]
Needless to say, most of the prayers saved in golden bowls in heaven [Revelation 5:8b; 8:3] will be those of kids (the remainder will be from little old ladies).

No comments:

 
, , ,