Tuesday, January 22, 2008

EQUIPPING: Left Behind!

“the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost"
Luke 19:10
I purchased a set of jumper cables for emergencies. I reasoned I’d be able to take care of myself in times of trouble, but others are not always equipped to do so. Some people just don’t prepare themselves for life’s trials and tribulations.

I thought if I ever came across any of those poor unfortunates, I’d be equipped to help them. A good set of cables can be used to rescue many people during a driver’s lifetime.

My motives were honorable but my follow through stinks. A set of jumper cables hanging on a nail in the carport is useless! You see, if you don’t take the equipment with you, you can’t help yourself, let alone others.

Sharing our faith is like that. God has given the church leaders to equip it [read “us”] to do the work of ministry [Ephesians 4:11, 12] and for seeking and saving the lost, as Christ commanded us to do [John 17:18; 20:21].

The greatest intentions in the world profit nothing if the equipment necessary to do the job is left at home.

We can choose to carry God’s gospel truth everywhere we go or we can choose not to go. We can also choose to let our training get rusty and fall into a state of disrepair or we can choose to keep them oiled and ready.

I don’t believe God supplies equipment or training that is rarely used.

No comments:

 
, , ,