Friday, January 18, 2008

PROPHECY: Puppy Tales and Hummingbird Wings!

I’m told the odds of every prophecy concerning the first coming of Christ actually happening are 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 (one hundred thousand trillion); enough to cover Texas two feet deep in silver dollars.

If that’s true, Texans are going to be up to their chins in gold at the Second Coming.

I’m not one to turn to the end of a book to see how it turns out before I’ve read it, but I did with one book, the Bible. You see, believers get to page forward and see the end of things … the way things turn out. We also get to choose the part we’ll play at the end of the story; like an interactive computer game where the player gets to choose the ending from a list of choices.

Let me tell you, I’m like a little boy at a pet store with a choice between two puppies but whose dad has said, “You can only have one?” One puppy is sleeping; the other, tongue hanging, is standing, front paws on the glass, tail wagging like hummingbird with one wing. Well, like that little boy, I’d want the one with the happy ending. [Puppy story adapted form Illustration Digest, March-April 1994, p.7.]

No comments:

 
, , ,