Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SOVEREIGNTY: The Pro up there!

Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
Exodus 3:13-14
In his book Walking Through The Darkness, Neil Anderson tells the story of an amateur pilot caught in a fog without instruments. When the tower told him to do exactly as he was told he responded angrily, “Hey, you aren’t dealing with a seasoned pro up here!” The controller replied coolly, “No, were not! But you are down here!” [paraphrased]

Like the controller to the pilot, we can’t see God; yet we know he’s there, because we can hear His voice. We must simply trust and obey, for we’re dealing with a Professional up there.

No comments:

 
, , ,