Wednesday, April 18, 2007

CONFESSION: If We Confess Sin He's Faithful to Forgive

SPICY SUPPLICATIONS: [Ezra 10:1]

I love hot and spicy food. Give me a Mexican breakfast with a bowl of hot, spicy salsa and I’m a happy camper. Let me splatter the feast with Tabasco Sauce and my spirits lift to the heavens.

I began this journey years ago when I read a Reader’s Digest article which said people who ate spicy foods or used hot sauce liberally were less prone to upper respiratory ailments. I don’t know if that’s true, but I had a cold at the time and wanted it to be true. Shortly thereafter I was hooked.

Spicy dishes often have the annoying effect of clearing the sinuses. If experienced at an opportune time, this can be a beneficial event. On the other hand it can also be a nuisance.

Prayer is like a spicy dish … especially when sprinkled generously with confession. People who pray and confess are less prone to spiritual ailments.

It clears the conscience like nothing else known to mankind. We often don’t realize our heads are stuffy until the spice begins to do its work. Similarly, we don’t often know our hearts are burdened until prayerful confession begins to do its work.

No comments:

 
, , ,